I never realized how much was involved in planning a wedding..my hat goes off to those of you who have already done it successfully..and by successfully, I mean not once pulling your hair out or having to yell at anyone! haha seriously though, there is SO MUCH to know! It’s definitely fun, but the way I see it, I’m planning the biggest event, party, milestone in my life..it HAS TO BE PERFECT. And I’m trying to do it all in eight months, while in nursing school, while my fiance is gone part of the time, with a baby, and with my babes first birthday! (Which is an extravaganza within itself!) THANK GOD FOR PINTEREST!! I’m sure there are some of you out there who have done it in even crazier conditions, but for me, this will be ALOT! I’m so thrilled and so excited, and CANNOT WAIT!
This panini is quick, easy, and delicious! It took minutes to throw together, and is such a great combination of flavors! If you don’t have a panini maker, you can use a grill pan, (which is what I did anyway) if you don’t have a grill pan, just do it in a skillet and place a cast iron pan on top of it, or something equally as heavy. Make this as a delicious lunch, or a quick dinner on a busy night! I LOVE paninis! They’re sooo good & so easy! And you can make them with just about anything in your fridge! My favorite one to date is this Fontina & Arugala Grilled Cheese Panini..oh.em.gee. I made this four days in a row, no lie…it would have been longer if I didn’t run out of Fontina. This was SO good! And I HIGHLY reccommend it to everyone! Make both of these! They are delish!
Brie, Apples, & Raspberry Panini
- 2 slices of bread (I used Whole Wheat Tuscan Pane from Trader Joes)
- 2 slices ham, thinly sliced
- 1 slice turkey, thinly sliced
- Brie Cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat your grill pan, and butter one side of each slice of bread and place it buttered side down. Allow it to crisp of slightly then flip.
- Add the cheese followed by the ham, turkey, and apple slices.
- Spread your preserves on the other slice of bread, and top the apples. Push down with the spatula, or top with a cast iron skillet.
- Allow it to cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melting.
- Pull off, slice, and serve! Enjoy!