This Guacamole is awesome! We make it all the time, and it’s good for you! Avocado’s are one of the good fats! And you can never go wrong with fresh tomatoes! This is so easy to make, and if you have a food processor, it’s even easier! Such a fast and flavorful snack! We truly LOVE it, and I got tons of compliments on it during our Mexican Fiesta from our friends! Most Guac’s have basically the same ingredients, but we all know it’s about how much of each, try this one, its reallllllllly good! (I wouldn’t steer you wrong!) It’ not like any bland Guac’s that I keep trying at restaurants, never again though, this one is a winner!!
To make things easier I started by mincing my garlic cloves and cilantro in the food processor. Pulse it until its minced. Then add half of a medium onion, and pulse it until it’s about chopped, keep checking because you don’t want to over-do it and puree your onion, just a few pulse’s. Next add two ripe avocados, and pulse it until its mostly smooth. (If you like chunky Guac, pulse it a few times until it’s all chopped up) You may have to stop it a few times and use a spoon to move around the chunks that can get caught under the blade. Once its to the consistency you like, pour into a bowl.
Next chop up one whole tomato and add to your bowl of guac. Squeeze in the juice of half of a lime. Stir it all up!
This is my favorite part, spicing it all up! Add 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne, and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix it all up! Voila! Sometimes I refrigerate mine for a little while, but usually its to good to wait and we just dive right in! Enjoy this deliciousness!
Yield: Approximately 3 cups Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Mince garlic and cilantro in a food processor. (Or mince with a knife yourself and add to a bowl)
- Quarter your onion, throw it in and pulse until its diced.
- Peel and seed your avocado, toss it into the food processor, and pulse until you reach its desired consistency. Pour into a bowl.
- Dice up a whole tomato and add to the mix, along with the juice of half a lime.
- Throw in the salt, cumin, and cayenne.
- Mix & Devour!