I found this fabulous recipe for Cheesy Chicken Poblanos while watching Rachael Ray one morning, and knew immediately I was going to make it! I just needed to figure out some quick, easy, with no shortage of flavor, sides. You cannot go wrong with brown rice, it’s better for you, there is so much you can do with it. Just because I paired it with my Poblano dish, doesn’t mean it can’t be eaten along with many other dishes; tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, burritos, there are so many possibilities, so PLEASE enjoy this as one of your dishes complement flavors! Its so tangy and delicious!
Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice
Yield: 3 servings Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
I totally cheated this time and used instant brown rice, I wasn’t in the mood to wait 45 minutes! So use whichever you prefer! And PLEASE double or triple this for more than two people!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Small handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of half of one lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle of garlic powder if you prefer!
- Pour chicken broth into a small pot and bring to a boil. Add the rice. Cover and allow to cook for about 10 minutes. (If using instant rice.)
- Once all the broth is absorbed, add the chopped cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix an Serve!