As you can obviously tell, I am on a Brussel Sprouts KICK. We probably eat them at least three times a week. I’ve told you before and Ill tell you again, Im obsessed! There are soooooo many different ways to cook these and flavor these, the possibilities are literally endless! They are so stinkin’ amazing! We find ourselves randomly saying to each other “I really want Brussels Sprouts!” I could probably live off these because you seriously can make them sweet flavored as well! So since I first tried this particular flavor paired with Cilantro Lime Rice and Cheese Chicken Pablonos, I wanted to keep the zest and tangyness flowing through all the dishes, but you can serve this up with whatever your heart desires! Its lemon-y, garlic-y, where is the negative in that? Didn’t think so! Super crunchy and super refreshing! Yummo!
Lemon-Garlic Brussels Sprouts
Yield: 2 servings Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. brussels sprout, trimmed and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash, trim, and halve your brussels sprouts.
- In a skillet, heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss in brussels sprouts.
- Allow to cook until browned. (I like mine a little more charred!)
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and honey. Whisk together.
- About 3 minutes before you pull off the sprouts, add the lemon garlic sauce, and mix around.
- The juice will get absorbed. Pull them off and serve!