Ooh today my little man is 5 months old..seriously, where does the time go? I know everyone is always saying this, but I really feel like just yesterday I was 40 weeks pregnant walking around the hospital waiting for him to come! Now he’s so big! Oooh I love him so much though, I’m so lucky to have such a wonderful little boy!! I’m enjoying every single second with him! xo
Anyways, onto these deliciously, beautiful, flavorful, fabulous tacos. Seriously they’re awesome.. The buffalo sauce is fab on its own with the chicken, then you add the fantastic crunch from the red cabbage, the coolness of the avocados, the tang from the fresh cilantro, and my personal favorite part, the delicious crumbled blue cheese, oh em gee. Fabtastic.
My mother said these are “the best tacos I have ever had” (And no she didn’t just say that because she’s my mother, she’s a harsh critic, trust me!) I love these, and if you know me at all, you know I love anything mexican related, these definitely make top ten on my mexican list! YOU will love them too!!
So onto it now!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash and dry your chicken breasts, trim the fat. Place in a baking pan, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and drizzle a small amount of Franks Red Hot, Buffalo on them. Pop them in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, until done.
Next chop a small handful of cilantro, and about a 1/4 of a head of red cabbage. (Isn’t the red cabbage so darn pretty?! I think so anyways!) Dice your avocado as well into chunks. I used a Florida avocado, they’re a lot bigger so for 6 tacos, half the avocado was more than enough, however if you’re using california avocados, or any other smaller ones, I’d advise using the entire thing.
By now your chicken should be done, so pull it out. Keep the oven on, and put in your tortilla shells with blue cheese on them. The blue cheese will melt slightly in the oven while the tortillas are heating up. Be careful to keep an eye on them unless you want crunchy or burnt taco shells! While that’s warming, chop your chicken into cubes, toss them in a bowl, pour in 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot, toss to coat, and add the bowl to your assembly line.
Heated tortillas with slightly melted blue cheese, followed by the chicken, the red cabbage, avocado, and freshly chopped cilantro! Top it all off by squeezing a small amount of lime juice on each taco, Serve!! 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Yield: 10 tacos Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder, divided
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot, Buffalo, extra for drizzling
- Small handful of Cilantro, about 1/4 cup, chopped
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 an avocado if Florida, whole avocado if California avocado, cubed
- 10 Small Tortilla shells, I used flour, but corn works just as well
- 8 oz Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and dry the chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Drizzle with small amount of Franks Red Hot sauce. Pop in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Chop Cilantro, cabbage and avocado.
- Toss cabbage with lime juice of half a lime. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Chop your avocado into cubes. SEt cabbage, avocado, and cilantro in three separate bowls, and line up creating an assembly line.
- Pull chicken from the oven. Place tortillas in the oven with blue cheese sprinkled on it. It’ll warm the tortilla shells and slightly melt the blue cheese crumbles.
- Chop the chicken into cubes, throw into a bowl and toss with 1/3 cup of Franks Red Hot.
- To Assemble: Warmed tortillas with slightly melted blue cheese, followed by hot sauce covered chicken, the red cabbage mix, then the cubed avocado, the fresh cilantro, and about a half of lime juiced on top of it all! YUM!!