I have a confession to make. You might be surprised, but I have to tell you…I didn’t make this..that’s right, you heard me. Didn’t even pick up a spoon, (except when it came time to swirl my linguine!) So who, you ask, made this most delectable meal? Well I give you one guess…I’ll give you a hint, he’s verrry handsome…ahh thats right, DREW!! He has been so amazingly wonderful, even more than usual, since I decided to go back to work. These few nights a week, he does so much for me…helps pack my feast that I bring, (because 12 hours, overnight, is a long time people, I need lots of provisions!), he cooks me dinner before I go to work, he gives our little guy his bath, plays with him, feeds him, and gets up with him at night, all while dealing with my incessant texts trying to micromanage everything he is doing..it’s extremely annoying for him…I just can’t help it!
So this particular dish, he made for me on one of those nights that I’m talking about..and it was AMAZING. I was always a non-believer is chicken parm because it looked to soggy to me, and you all know my hatred of anything soggy…this chicken parm was anything but! It had the most amazing crunch to it, and as you sink your teeth in deeper, you get the juicy chicken, cheesy goodness and the yummy sauce tops it all off! IT’S PERFECT! I give him full credit for totally knocking my socks off, again. He’s multi talented people, I’m telling you, be jealous! 😉 So go make this fab chicken parmesan, and swoon, then come back and comment, letting him know how good it was! Enjoy!!
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded out
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lb. whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Begin by pounding out your chicken to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Soak it in buttermilk for at least an hour, the longer the better!
- Take a large saucepan and combine the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic powder, italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil, white sugar, Worcestershire, minced garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil on medium. Reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Pour the italian bread crumbs on a plate and the panko on a separate plate.
- Mix the parmesan cheese in with the panko.
- Coat chicken in the bread crumbs then the panko mixture.
- Put in the skillet, cooking 3-4 on each side. Resist the urge to flip them back and forth, this is how you lose your yummy crust!
- Begin cooking your pasta and Heat oven to Broil.
- Pour the sauce in a 9 x 13 inch pan. When the chicken are done cooking, place them next to each other in the pan. Top all four breasts with all the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is a golden brown. (Mines a little darker because sometimes I’m weird and like that burnt-ish flavor….like I said, weird!) Remember to keep your oven cracked while broiling, it goes quick!!
Serve over linguine and enjoy!!