We used to have a delicious & humongous breakfast/brunch every Sunday morning…until I begrudgingly went back to work..boo, I knows. So since I had Saturday night off this past weekend, we took full advantage of Sunday morning and made a delicious brunch, filled with blood orange juice, greyhounds, fresh fruit, and HUEVOS RANCHEROS! My fiance loves these suckers! If we go out to breakfast and those are on the menu, chances are, that’s what will be delivered to our table 20 minutes later. So I decided to just make them at home…(he needed it, he was hung over, and had a TON of homework due by 5 o’clock..hey the Pats played Tebow..I would expect nothing less, I on the other hand took my little man and crawled into bed around 11..I know, I’m getting old.)
Anyhoo…these were NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING. I’m not joking..usuallly the idea of eggs wrapped up with tons of other ingredients sounds terrible to me, but I was thoroughly impressed…these were AWESOME! You can top them with whatever you please..I chose tomatoes and avocados, the boys decided on salsa and black beans..we ALL went for the Tabasco sauce to kick it up a notch! These are low cal, filling, and soo flavorful! So when you’re looking for a delish breakfast this weekend…these should DEFINITELY be it!
Happy Monday Foodies! Enjoy your weeks..we go back to school this week 😦
Servings: about 5, well filled wraps
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 of a large red onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, (2-3 cloves), minced
- 1/2 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Chorizo links, casings removed and chopped
- 8 eggs (base it on two per person, or two per wrap)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 8″ whole wheat, flour tortillas
- avocado (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- black beans (optional)
- tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat, pour in olive oil. Add red onions and garlic. Allow to cook until they start to turn brown, about five minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers, cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, then turn down to low, and let them sit, stirring occasionally while you prepare everything else.
- In a separate skillet, on medium-high heat, start cooking the chorizo, about 4-6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel, set aside until ready to assemble. Wipe down the skillet with a paper towel and set aside for later.
- In a bowl crack open your eggs, add salt and pepper to your preference, and whisk together really well.
- Pour into a skillet preheated to medium heat, using a spatula, keep scraping up the bottom until your eggs are scrambled, about 5-6 minutes, depending how many eggs you have.
- Using the same skillet you cooked the chorizo in, on low heat,place a tortilla in it, followed by a strip of shredded cheese. Top it with the chorizo, pepper & onion mix, scrambled eggs and your choice of toppings.
- Allow the cheese to melt, about two minutes, wrap and devour!
Serve with fresh fruit or home fries! Swoon!