Going back to school is so bittersweet…as much as I really want to be a nurse, I want to be finished with school..I want to be able to stay home and spend all my time with my babe..hes only 7 1/2 months old..and its going by SO QUICKLY! He learns something new every.single.day and has developed the most fun little personality! I just don’t want to miss a darn thing..and nursing school is going to be extreeemely time consuming..I know people do it every day, but its a sacrifice..and I’m not sure I’m willing to sacrifice all this fast-moving, developing time with my little man…we’ll see. I am going to give it a shot, its something I want, I’m just not sure right now is the right time..
Anyways, now that you’ve listened to my internal dilemma, you have to try this salad. I’m not a big salad girl…theyre usually just to bland for me, and whenever I add the toppings that fill it with flavor, it tends to be filled with unwanted calories and fat..however, Im trying to incorporate more salads into my diet, (healthier ones), since I have a wedding dress to fit into and bikini season is mere months away…and THIS salad has always been one of my favorites! I used to always order it at a restaurant we went to, but it was too much money for its simplicity, and this recreation is WAYYY better! Seriously…so much more flavorful. The steak gives it the saltness while the tomatoes and blocked mozzarella are more mellow & balance it out.. its wonderful, filling, healthy, and quick to make!
Incorporate this into your lunch or dinner rotation this week, you’ll be so glad! 🙂
Steak, Tomato, & Mozzarella Salad
Makes two large salads!
For the Salad:
- 1/2 lb. steak tips
- Head of romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- mozzarella, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Blue Cheese Crumbles
For the Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced,
- salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste
- Pre-heat a grill pan or cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Toss steak tips in a bowl with a dash each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Toss in the pan and allow them to cook through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Whisk together all ingredients listed for the salad dressing in a large bowl. Add the romaine lettuce and blue cheese and toss to combine.
- Serve desired serving size on a plate and top with tomatoes, steak, and mozzarella.