Today was my first day of classes. Its Monday through Friday from 8-12…(talk about a high school schedule all over again..boo) For the first two hours, I contemplated getting up and leaving, ohhh about…every 3 minutes. I hated everything about it..being away from my little man, the stress I was already feeling, the overwhelming amount of time and work that is going to go into this, (meaning away from my family) and the worst feeling was not even being sure if this is what I wanted to do after all this waiting and time. It’s not that I didn’t expect the time and work, it’s just that all of a sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks that I’m going to have to sacrifice A LOT with my son…After the first two hours of hating it, bitching about it, and crying about it…I finally realized that I just need to suck it up and stick it out, because in the long run I’ll be providing a better life for my little guy…so thats that.
Now this chicken was so simple and delicious! Perfect balance of sweet, salty and herb-y..(is that a word? ha!) It was made quickly one night after the little guy went to bed..way to late! Nevertheless, delish! So do it up soon! 😀
Happy Hump Day!
Rosemary Chicken with a Raspberry Glaze
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, rinsed
- 2-3 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 rosemary sprig, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Pound out your chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a small bowl combine the sage, oregano, and rosemary. Rub it evenly all over your chicken breasts. Place them in a pan and pour in the chicken broth.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, either on the stove on low or in the microwave for 20 seconds, mix together the raspberry preserves and the mustard.
- When the chicken is ready, serve it on a plate and spread the raspberry mixture across the top, Enjoy!
Adapted from: All Recipes