I’ve made the decision after MUCH careful consideration, and talking to other people and my fiance, to put off school for a few years. Some of you may not understand why this is such a BIG deal, but anyone trying to finish college, working towards degree they want so desperately, and a career they’ve been so excited to pursue, while having a little baby will understand where I’m coming from. I’ve had this internal debate going on since June, when he was born, then I decided to go back to school after i went back to work and someone convinced me it was a good idea…but last week, when I didn’t see my son for three days and was exhausted, tired, miserable, and missing out on him, I realized I wasnt ready. School will ALWAYS be there, my little man is only going to be a baby once, I don’t want to miss a thing, and I already was, just in the first week. So from now on, I’ll continue working my nights, but am so excited to be home all day with my babe!! I plan on taking a photography class, trying out a spin class, and just enjoying my life and my little boy growing up! (So quickly!)
Now onto this bisque! It was AMAZING! DO NOT be scared away by the fact that it’s mostly squash, its sweet and salty, so flavorful and so delicious..and SO EASY! I mean how hard is it to chop up squash and shallots, toss them on a pan with olive oil, bake, puree, and SERVE! It was a delicious addition to out roast chicken!! (Recipe to come soon!) Make this, its sooo good! 🙂
Butternut Squash & Shallot Bisque
- 5 cups (1-inch cubed, peeled) butternut squash
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2-15 oz cans fat-free chicken broth
- Cracked Black Pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss first five ingredients together on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until tender.
- Add half the butternut squash mixture to a food processor (or blender) and half the chicken broth. Puree until smooth. Pour into a sauce pan. Repeat with the rest of the mixture and the remainder of the chicken broth.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, add black pepper to taste.
- Serve & Swoon!!
*If you’re not serving it right away, it’s perfectly fine to turn it down to low and let it sit, just be sure to stir it occasionally!
Slightly Adapted from: Cooking Light