On days when nothing seems to be going right, and everything is going wrong, there is nothing better than sitting down for a glass of wine with your best friend..seriously, nothing. Sometimes, you don’t even realize everything that isn’t right until you relax and take a few minutes to look around..and talk about it..which is exactly what I did tonight. Throughout the years, we’ve had our moments where wetalkeverysinglemomentofeverysingledayandcan’tgetenoughofeachother…and then we’ve had times we’re we go a looooooooong time, wayyyy toooo loooonngggg, without seeing or talking to each other. Thankfully, recently, it’s the talktomuch period! Every girl needs her best friend, and I am SO grateful for mine🙂
These mini salads are another PERFECT Superbowl snack! Now only are they healthy and good for you, but they taste absolutely superb! I looove greek salad, and the fact that its stuffed inside a mini pita, (that I found at Trader Joes!) makes it THAT.MUCH better!! These are sooo flavorful, so tasty, so divine…you won’t be able to keep your little paws off!😉
They’re so simple and easy to make..how could you possibly resist!! SO get together with your best friend. Get to making these FAB finger foods, and enjoy the game!! GO PATS!!
Mini Greek Salad Pita Pockets
Makes a large salad, enough to stuff between 12-16 pitas (depending how heartily you stuff these babies!)
For the dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- the dressing
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 red onion (1/8 cup), thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded (I was lazy and shredded a rotisserie chicken, but you can just cook up a breast and shred that too!)
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 small head romaine, roughly chopped
- 16 Mini Pitas, Partially slices open
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, whisk to combine, and set aside.
- For the salad, add all ingredients to the bowl with the dressing and toss to fully coat.
- Carefully slice open the mini pita halfway (don’t fully cut them open), and stuff them with the salad mixture, serve!