I hope you all had a fantastic Valentines Day 🙂 We certainly did! We went out Monday night instead of Tuesday to attempt to avoid the crowds and jacked up prices..it was so fun & so nice to be with just my fiance for a few hours..it has been a long time since that has happened. We went bar hopped and it was fantastic!
We started off at this super great place called Sonnys, where I proceeded to have two of the best drinks I’ve ever had in my life! Not only did they have awesome names (like Pink Stiletto), but they tasted amazing! We ordered a little appetizer of Yam Fries with a Garlic Aioli Sauce…umm hello greatest fries ever. No joke..Ive never had anything like it, they were superb! We then took a brisk walk down to a Wine & Chocolate Bar where we had some wine and a delicious Espresso Martini, with a fabulous cheese plate..it was a small and quaint place with the ambiance of a small cafe in Paris..it was totally romantic! After a little while there, I walked my red high heels through the cobblestone street to Vignola. I LOVE that place..fantastic wine, great service, and delicious food! It was the perfect way to end our date!
On Valentines Day, we relaxed, vegged out, ate sinful treats, and played with our little man all day…I couldnt have asked for a better day or better company! NOW…onto the GREATEST breakfast of all time…seriously. We used to go out to breakfast every Sunday, but for a while now we’ve been making our own at home, (correction, Drew makes it at home!) and we relax and eat. Every Sunday he asks me what I want, and it never fails, this is my request! (His omelets are a close second!) He just has a knack for breakfast…Im sooo not complaining!
This is SUCH a delicious breakfast! You will want it again and again like I do..I even asked for it for dinner last night! 😉 Make this..you will be ecstatic! Happy Hump Day! 🙂
- 8-10 slices of Bacon or 4 Italian Sausage links, removed from casings & chopped
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a red onion (3/4 cup), diced
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 4 eggs, over easy (or however you eat eggs!)
- Heat up butter in a cast iron pan. Add potatoes, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cook until tender. Keep potatoes covered for first ten minutes of cooking, tossing them every few minutes.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add your bacon or sausage, cook until done. Once done, if using bacon, roughly chop it. Set Aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat up olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the green peppers and onion. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the green pepper and onion mixture as well as the bacon (or sausage if that’s what you’re using) to the cast iron skillet. Toss it all together. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Pop it in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly! (4-5 minutes)
- Meanwhile, start cooking the eggs. (We do ours over easy, but feel free to make them however you like your eggs)
- Once the skillet comes out of the oven, top with the eggs! Serve! (If you like a little more heat, kick it up with some tabasco.)